Each student has issued an identity card at the commencement of the session. The students are required to be in possession of their identity cards while in college. If a student is found without it in the college, she will be fined heavily. If a student loses this card, she can get another made immediately from the office. The students should read the rules mentioned in the identity card and adhere to them.
The Principal may drop a student, who is habitually irregular in attendance and negligent in studies, from the rolls of the college at any time during the term. If a student absents herself from the college for fourteen or more days continuously without applying for leave, her name may be struck off from the college rolls. She may be re-admitted on payment of re-admission fee along with absence fine for all the days of her absence. If the name of the student is struck off from the college, her lectures shall not be counted till she is re-admitted.
CONDONING OF LECTURES
Students should be regular in attending classes. If a student falls short of attendance, she cannot sit for the University Examination. Condoning of lectures in the case of sickness or any other convincing reason is at the discretion of the Principal.
- A student should apply for leave when it is absolutely necessary. She should secure it personally before it is availed of except in the case of illness when leave application with a medical certificate must be submitted immediately on return to the college.
- Leave should be applied in printed form to be obtained from the college general store. It should be countersigned by the father/guardian of the student in the case of boarders.
- Leave preceding or following long vacation or for days when special functions are held will be granted only by the Principal.
- A student who wishes to withdraw from the college rolls must do so formally in writing. A letter from father or guardian must accompany such an application. The student has to pay all the dues till the date her name is formally withdrawn.
ELIGIBILITY FOR UNIVERSITY EXAMINATION
To earn eligibility for appearing in the University Examination, a student must attend at least 75% of the lectures delivered in each subject. Lectures in text and composition, theory and practical will be counted separately.
If a student does not clear the conditions laid down by the University for appearing in the final examination on the basis of house examination/attendance, she is liable to lose a year. She cannot appear in the capacity of a private candidate without special permission.
- Library remains open 9 a.m. on wards except on Sundays and holidays.
- A student, who loses defaces or otherwise damages a book shall have to pay the full cost of the book. Students are advised to carefully check the books before getting them issued.
- Absence from college will not be accepted as an excuse for not returning the books on due dates.
- Students will not take cuttings from library books, newspapers or periodicals.
- Students should deposit their personal books, purses etc. before entering the library.