“Say No To Ragging!“
We are proud of the fact that our college aims at maintaining a healthy and congenial academic environment free from the menace of ragging. Ragging in the college campus is banned and anyone indulging in ragging is likely to be punished appropriately. To deal with the menace of ragging an anti-ragging cell has been established at the college. All cases of ragging will be referred to this cell for prompt action. Although there is no ragging in DSCG, yet Anti-Ragging Cell ensures that incidents of bullying and ragging should never occur. Anti Ragging Cell always keeps vigil and is all set to act promptly, if and when required.
What is Ragging?
Ragging is Conspicuous by its Absence-both in the Hostels and on the Campus. Stringent Punishment in the Form of a huge fine and even Expulsion from the College act as deterrents to ragging. The Principal and the Members of the Anti-Ragging cell are always vigilant and the Campus is totally free of Ragging.
- Any act resulting in:
- Mental/Physical/Sexual Abuse
- Verbal Abuse
- Indecent Behaviour
- Criminal Intimidation/Wrongful Restraint
- Undermining Human Dignity
- Financial Exploitation/Extortion
- Use of Force
- Each of the above is a criminal offence
A Student Indulging in Ragging can be:
- Expelled from the Institution
- Banned from the Mess/Hostel
- Her Scholarship can be withdrawn
- Denied Admission to any Institution
- Prosecuted for Criminal Action
- Institutions have been asked to file FIR with local Police Against those who RAG/ABET Ragging